Friday, February 29, 2008

The Month in Rewind

~Song Playing - "To Everything There's a Season" - Tamela Mann~

I made it through the second month of this new year and if you're reading this, so did you. How was this month for you? For me, this was a slightly trying month for me. I went through a bout of depression that was quite a "growing" experience for me. I also became very overwhelmed with my "to do" list. But looking back, I know why.

  • Looking back over this month, I've learned that there are some things that are just necessary. No matter how you cut it, they're still going to have the same level of importance. Get used to it.
  • I realize more than ever that I need to limit how much time I spend talking to and dwelling with slack people. My reasoning is that being around these type individuals, remind me of my own slackness and areas for improvement and I'll never get to the next level if there is no foundation for my anchor, nor reinforcement to help keep it deeply rooted. This train is northern bound.
  • In conjunction with my last point, I need to put forth a more profound effort to stop my own slackness. Procrastination and laziness is a killer of my vision and purpose. My focus needs to be redirected.
  • I feel myself entering a season of simplicity. I'm all for the "simple things" at this period of my life.
  • With dating, sometimes we tell others or we tell ourselves that maybe we should try something different for a change and sometimes it's a good thing. However, it's important to remember that the packaging has nothing to do with the contents. Same script, different cast.
  • After some modifications, I reinforce my standards of what I want/need in another individual. That is a lot more than ever before and more than the "street standard". Oh, I'm asking for too much? Guess what? I don't have to accept less. Remember that. I don't play myself small and neither will the next one.
  • It is profoundly true that it takes less energy to be nice and kind than it does to walk around all day everyday, hot off the wire. It's not that serious.
  • I'm falling in love with The Jefferson's again.

I'm entering a new phase in my life beginning next month. There's a new demand being placed on me to step into some uncharted territory. I nervously accept the challenge. What will this new month bring? What will I learn? How will I grow? Who will I help? Who will I inspire?

We'll see...

I leave with these words from the song "To Everything There's a Season". I type this in reverence of this past month and also where I have yet to go.

"For every tear you cry, there is a reason why. It will make you wise someday. For every mountain high, every valley low. It will all help you to grow."

Let's jump into this new month with a spring of hope and faith for a landing of promise! Go...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...good luck pa...sounds like you have a plan...execute!

life said...

how are you progressing?

fuzzy said...

To everything there is a season! There is a time to plant and a time to pluck up!

my season is coming and so is yours! lets enter in together! March is off to a rocky start but headed towards a wonderful ending!