Wednesday, February 6, 2008

But In the Meantime...

~Song playing: "In My Mind" - Heather Headley~


I just read a posting in a blog, Mr./Ms. Do Right, that made me flip to love and relationships. I wasn't gonna go there because I'm trying to lighten my blog up a bit but hey...this is me.

Just as I finished reading that particular posting, Heather's song "In My Mind" came through shuffle. Many of us know how it feels to be in love with someone and to lose that love. The question that's plaguing me though is, what do you do when your heart won't quite let them go?

"Imagine seeing him on the town, holding another hand.."

It's easy to throw on Chrisette's "Be Ok" and tell yourself that but what do you do when you feel yourself asking YOU, "Are you really gonna be ok?"

"They say if you love something, you've got to let it go and if it comes back then it means so much more....but if it never does, at least you will know that it was something you had to go through to grow..."

Do you ever think about that person and still see a perfect picture that was never completed? Why is that? How is it possible that something that felt so right turned out to be so wrong?

Yes...we accept that it didn't work and sit back and wait for love but....

But what do you do in the meantime....when that certain song comes through shuffle that played during your first encounter.....you pass the restaurant where you had your first date....you remember the way you looked at each other and smiled.....you find yourself sitting in the same spot on the couch where you last cuddled.....you look over at that pillow where a head used to lay.......you pass that name in your cell phone....you look down one day and realize that the sweater you're wearing is the same one you wore the last time you were together.....

"You're in my soul, baby you should know...you're in my thoughts...you're in my prayers...."

But in the meantime...

1 comment:

@GaryTylone said...

You better find somebody else to go to that restaurant with !!!! no , but seriously...I think its healthy to relive good times and have good memories...thats exactly what you do in the meantime...reflect and re process...until you're ready to move on to new memories,songs,fav booths...etc.