Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Explantation

Have you ever heard a song that gave an explanation of something that you had no words to explain? Today is my FIRST day hearing this song that is playing and it hit me. That's my explanation. I've met many people (dating wise) but none seem to have that thing. Then I get the question a lot of "Why are you single?" and I give the answer, "I'm single by choice.."

A big part of that is true but the last situation, which was over a year ago, released me by circumstance....for whatever reason "he" didn't want it anymore. Now I find myself looking at the many people who have tried with boredom. I've met some really good people but they just didn't have that thing...the "it" factor. I've gotta be honest, I don't think my heart will "move" again until I meet someone who is the equivalent or better than "him". Until then, this song will prove to be my "explanation" of why I'm still single.

I know this song is heavy and on the low side but I'm OWNING my emotions.

"But when I'm with him...ain't nobody else like it..."

Have you ever been there? Are you there?

Real talk..


MusicPlaylist

3 comments:

@GaryTylone said...

That it factor is gonna kill us both.

Darius T. Williams said...

So um, yea - I love Jazmine and I've had this song in rotation forever! This song is the truth...you feel her, especially towards the end!

fuzzy said...

Ummm I have had plenty of songs that have done that! Different songs strike my emotions and others strike my spirit! I feel where you might be in this song man...