Friday, August 15, 2008

Somethin' Somewhere...

The song that's playing is a new tune that I felt from the first time I heard it. I caught it in the middle of the chorus..."Somethin's gonna have to give!". The song is aimed at political issues as they are relative to those that it affects the most which seems to be most of us from the middle class(what's left of it) on down. I love this message and I can feel it with every beat and word of this song. But the words "Somethin's gonna have to give.." rings a bell in my own life, even further than politically.

Have you ever been at a point in your life where everything within you is calling for change? I'm not talking about just getting to the next level but getting to the next dimension of levels. A place where you are fed up with everyday issues that have seemingly placed their gears in "Park" right over your life? Let's be real, not all of these issues are caused by others. Many of these issues are from our own foolishness and self-inflicted. I woke up this morning tired. I mean really tired of the routine. Somethin' somewhere is gon' have to give.

When I think about my life and where I feel like I have yet to go, it gets really exciting for me. All it takes is a thought and I can rise to cloud 9. However, lately things haven't been so cut and dry. It feels like there has been obstruction and impediments left and right in my life. I can't sit here and blame it all on other people although there have been contributions of the such by others. I blame 90 to 95% of this current imbalance on myself for allowing the foolishness to come in on me. Somethin' has to go...somethin's gotta give.

Even as I type this post, I can feel the tightness and heaviness of this matter. I'm just going to put it out there. I have enough to worry about in my own life. I can no longer carry other people's mess with me. I know this has probably been preached in a previous post but somethin's truly gonna have to give. I can no longer handle being a part of draining things and people. All of these things that don't leave me feeling empowered have to go. All of these people that don't leave me feeling like a better person when we depart, have to go.

Where is this all coming from? This was a long time coming. My cup was already full and just sitting under the faucet. The drop the caused the overflow came through the form of a text message from a selfish person trying to drain me of my power before I even opened my eyes from my own sleep. I'm sitting here stressin' to pass these classes and finish school, stressin' to find a job, trying to get myself together for the bigger pictures of life so I can actually get something out it and here comes someone draining me of the energy God gave me overnight to deal another day.

Maybe this is selfish of me to post but oh well! I'll end with this. I've grown into a person who realizes how serious life truly is. Yes, it's good to enjoy it and live everyday as your last, enjoying all the simple things as well as the big things but don't fool yourself. There has to come a time when you grow up and truly fight to gain that balance to promote that healthy living. It's easy to minimize the issues of life when the storm cloud isn't over your house but this is for those of us who are truly in the upward battle for a better place in life. Keep pushin' and we'll get there. Prayer is a powerful thing!

I'm just sayin'...somethin's gonna have to give!


MusicPlaylist

2 comments:

life said...

I'm looking forward to reading on how you change your situation.

Darius T. Williams said...

So, don't you love when you get to a point where a change has to come? I'm loving this post and I hope you get to the end resolution that you need to get to.