Monday, June 30, 2008

It Can Happen for You

I just finished looking at an Oprah Show recording that aired on Friday. It was a show continuing the concept of the law of attraction. We all heard about this concept during the time when The Secret was at its height in publicity and popularity. I tried this concept briefly during that time but did not hold out with it-I think because I went into it on the wrong level. However, after watching this show, I am ready to practice the law of attraction in my life once again.

The law of attraction basically says that whatever you constantly think, feel and speak will manifest in your life. We've even heard of this biblically with Proverbs 23:7 "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he." Proverbs 18:21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue.."- So these concepts should not be new to us and are not separated from spirituality.

The last time I tried this, it was not easy....trying to replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts, the self-affirmations, etc-none were easy. I realize why. Everytime I tried to come with something positive, it was the subconscious "self" resisting that new way of thinking because I have thought and felt a certain way for so long. The funny thing about it is, I've used this concept in the past and gotten positive results without even knowing it. Many of the things that I truly wanted for myself, I've thought about it and released into the atmosphere intensely and they came to pass and I don't believe these things happened by default because of the resources that I'm indirectly connected to but I believe they came through me putting it out there passionately "without doubt" that this is what I want. It didn't even register to me during those times. I also think about my father who we call a "no limit soldier" because he NEVER stops. He is always speaking about getting to the next level and ever since I've known myself, he's been this way. I don't care what's going on, he always has a comeback for why he has to keep going and what's going to come for him and I have to say that it is all coming 10-fold. This was a man who used to walk around with paint-stained clothing, looking a "working" mess who everyone talked about-my grandmother, aunts, uncles, friends of the family, etc. but he ALWAYS said..."I'm gonna get there. You just watch and see. One of these days I'm gonna get to the promised land." I include my mother in on this as well because certainly they both had a shared vision, he was just more vocal about it but now from their strong beliefs...they ARE the lenders and not the borrowers.

I'm telling you folks. I truly believe that there is power behind this thing. I am also about to create a vision board. A vision board is a board containing images of the visions that you see for your life-whether it be love, life, spirituality, career, etc.- with a spirit of gratitude for it being "already done" you release it and watch God work. As I said, I believe that it is all tied spiritually anyway. The key to it all though is making sure that you keep your thoughts and words positive and living in gratitude for how it is right now because you know that it's all coming together.

Well...I'm going to put my best foot forward and do it and this will be something that I look forward to sharing as these things start happening. I'm excited!


MusicPlaylist

3 comments:

Corey Keith said...

Wow... I saw that episode and made a vision board... I am already achieving man.

fuzzy said...

I was embraced by the song and it took me so far back! I believe!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your post on the LOA.

I'm making a movie "The Compass" with cast members from The Secret and The Opus and several new teachers who have so much to offer.

I welcome your comments!

Thanks

John Spencer Ellis

http://www.thecompass.tv