Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday Inspiration

I first want to say Happy Father's Day to all the fathers all over the world...the good ones and the not so good ones. I called my father this morning to send my well wishes to him this morning and realized after the conversation that it was a blessing to be able to dial a number and have him pick up. I tried to call my brother and send my well wishes but it was to no avail, as usual, lol But I still love him anyway.

I chose not to attend church services today. It wasn't because I didn't feel like it but more so I was really not in the mood for a "father's day" type sermon. The last father's day service I attended the pastor went from Rev. (Last Name) to Rev. Testosterone. So I'll maybe catch next Sunday.

Donald Lawrence- It's Your Time
Pt. 1


I had a very epiphanic conversation with a friend last night. We were talking about love & life and the mentioning of two situations surfaced and he said to me, "My life is good right now and I don't think I need to concern myself with THAT past. This is the first time in a while that I've been really happy and not just faking it." This caught me off guard because I knew that he had been missing in action for the past few months but to come back in such a strong way really had a profound effect on me. I responded with "That is so good and I am so happy for you. My time is coming to be happy." Then after that statement I immediately started thinking about the conversations that I'd had with at least two other people earlier in the day that all ended with them saying "yeah, my time is coming.."- all referring to different things. Then my thoughts shifted to myself and the song embedded, "It's Your Time". It's almost as if I could hear a voice saying "It's your time...now!" and I truly felt it and I'm beginning to take ownership of the feeling. My time to be happy is now. As said in the song, I can truly feel myself getting ready to walk into the best season of my life. I feel like I'm in the beginning of that now but it is taking some repositioning before the light turns green.

So I hope this is inspiring to one of you as well. How many of you are waiting to go to the next level? Waiting to go back to school, waiting to pursue entrepreneurship,waiting to do that one thing differently, waiting to leave that dead-end job, waiting to stop taking those calls, waiting to stop entertaining foolishness, waiting to GROW UP, waiting to be that person you truly desire to be? Life and death shoots into the atmosphere from the tongue and I speak life into my situations and your situations and say "It's YOUR time." The only question though is how many of us are willing to own that and protect it all costs? I'm going for mine.

I'm not sure why the poster broke the song up into two posts but it's still good nonetheless. Enjoy.

Pt. 2

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are there! Right there in the space where you need to be and only now can "it" happen to you.

See what you are looking for cannot get to you until you understand that if can only happen NOW! Now that you are living in the NOW and you see the future is NOW then it will come to you. It is the simple law of attraction. Karen Clark- Sheard said it best when she said, "If you can't see it, before you see it, you never will see it"!

I think for you it was already there -- its just now you see it!!

fuzzy said...

Oh I feel like going on! This was truly an inspiration for me! I have had a "it's my time" moment and I have lost some momentum. This just kicked me and now I feel like going on!

Donald Lawrence really outdid himself with that song. While I am unable to look at the video, I have it on my mp3 player, my computer and my cell phone! I love that song and I am about to play it now!

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Absolutely a GREAT POST! It actually helped me a bit. Thank you.

~Damnit!

life said...

That darn Karen..lol