Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Inspiration

I didn't attend church services today but I've still gotten my dose of inspiration. The video below is the source of that inspiration. The song "Peace Be Still". Just the title alone is profound enough. I want to thank all of you for visiting my blog and giving me feedback even in some of my darkest posts. I know that I haven't posted much on anyone else's blog lately and I do beg your forgiveness for it. However, I have been using this blog as more of a personal journal for my reflections. This is my birthday month and every year around this time I go through the growing pains of a changing season. That's what my birthdays represent to me, a change of seasons. My recent posts have spoken to that fact.

Once again, thank you for even taking the time to check me out and in this seasonal change, I hope that I can maybe reach someone else who may be in that place in their life. If you don't know what I'm talking about or what this is all about, keep on living.

I hope you would take the time to check out the video with Vanessa ministering in this song "Peace Be Still".

Song highlights for me:

"Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea, or demons, or men or whatever it be...no water can swallow the ship where lies the master of ocean, and earth and skies. They ALL shall so sweetly obey thy will."

My inspiration comes from knowing that when I, you, we go down in honest prayer, we can get up with a reassurance that he's going to be who he is. I'm talking about just knowing that no matter how we feel, everything has to obey HIS will. No matter how big or how small. Let's not fool ourselves, when the storms rage, it takes more than cute words to really pull you through but I'm talking about when you get in a situation where there isn't anyone else to depend on but him and what he said. That's when the rubber meets the road. I don't care what I've done or what I've said, I know who keeps my foundation in tact.

So, I hope you all have a blessed week and no matter what may come up or has come up this week, let's believe together that he can "turn it around."

Vanessa Bell-Armstrong- Peace Be Still

1 comment:

Corey Keith said...

Are you doing anything big for the b-day this year? And have you noticed how we keep bumping into each other?