Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hopeless Type of Loving...



I sit here listening to the rain beat against my window under the sounds of my beloved Anita, seemingly beckoning the universe of lovers to believe...believe in the mystery of love. I've been under a great bit of nostalgia this week. It seems that I've been uncontrollably missing certain people from my past....people that I had love for. Or is it that I'm missing the feeling itself? Ok so I'll be honest and say that I'm actually missing someONE at the moment. I feel so reluctant to even admit it to myself because I promised myself that I would not drag any dead-weight across the thresh-hold of 2008...especially nothing concerning love-gone-wrong situations.

I don't fall in love often but when I do, it takes forever and a day for the residue to fade and even then, does it really? I pride myself on being the poster child of "No More Drama" and "No Nonsense" type attitudes but at my strongest moments, I find that I'm at my weakest. Although it is strange, I completely understand my way of loving. It's beyond dangerous....it's hopeless...

"Diamonds shining in the night, lying soft and warm together...only images survive, can't my dreams go on forever?"

Why is it possible that I'm still in love after almost a year of no love?

"Turning back the hands of time, holding on to misty memories, chasing shadows through the night trying to find my happy ending.."

With these feelings so strong exuding from my being, can you honestly say that in spirit you don't feel it? When I send them to you every night in spirit? Through prayer? Through mind, body, spirit and time?

What is this hopeless type of loving? If I can believe in the mystery, why can't you?

"Tell me why can't we reach for another chance at heaven? We could still find the way if we try.."

Wait a minute! Dang.....there I go talking to you again...

2 comments:

@GaryTylone said...

It's funny that I read this while going through something similar...maybe not as deep though. Oh where is my Sade cd??? Get out my head...

E. Terrell said...

I am a huge Anita Bake fan man. She wrote a lot of her own stuff - and you feel her emotion when sings. Just goes to show you that we have all been there. My favorite is "Giving You the Best That I've Got."