Friday, September 17, 2010

Mile by Mile


Is this thing on?

Wow! It's been a year and 6 months since the last time. I'm so pleased to still have followers of my blog. Glad you all stuck around (whether or not you were really paying attention). For a long time I felt like I lost my voice to share anything here. It's still that way to an extent, but tonight I felt like I wanted to say something. The closest I've gotten to this site is Twitter, where I get to "micro blog" instead of a full fledged outpouring. A lesson I've learned is that there is sometimes strength in silence. You know, in critical times, you have to streamline. However, I can't even begin to catch you up on every single detail that's happened in my life over the past 18 months. In summary.....I've had a lot of ups and faithful downs. A lot of meeting and greeting. Some gains and some bitter losses. I've made some life choices that have completely changed the course of where I thought I was headed. What can I say? I have definitely become more refined through my experiences and stepping further into the sprawl of wisdom. With these changes, some things have remained the same. Maybe not in the same textures, but the same forms. One thing's for sure, I am still my openly sentimental self. I own it more these days unapologetically. It's one of those things falling under the"What I know for sure" files.

Recently, I read a book titled "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz that has contributed to some new found liberations. This life guide is basically about not being bound by the "dreams" of the earth that we've been born into and are taught as the "right way" as it is relative to your respective culture, experiences and environment. The four agreements are: Be impeccable with your word, Don't take anything personally, Don't make assumptions and Always do your best. Because of this book, I've really been freed from some of the things that were notorious for frustrating me. It helps me to understand that everybody's actions and words are based upon their own reality and agreements they've made in their own lives. It has nothing to do with me. An example of this could be, just because I believe in fairy tale type love stories and you don't, it's okay. It's an agreement I've made with myself and accepted. I don't have to "agree" to your disbelief of this matter. Your feelings are based on your own reality and what you've agreed to for your life and the list goes on and on. I'm certainly being changed by this new perspective. Well....new to me. It's a very slow process, but it's one of those things that you'll have to revisit often for reinforcement and more clarity.

I guess it's very telling of where and what I've been evolving into. I'm such a stickler for improvement.

On a lighter and completely different note, I picked up Fantasia's new album that I was really anticipating and not at all disappointed. Well, the whole suicide bit made me a little nervous, but she's "sangin" her way up out of that so it seems. I'm really excited about the flood of R&B music we've gotten (Monica) and have yet to receive (Faith Evans, Kelly Price). It's all well needed music for me.

Anyway, I'm bittersweetly excited about fall slowly inching in. Maybe it'll bring me some good things and some new wonders that I've never had before and the inspiration to blog about it. I don't know, but this is a start for 2010.

In the meantime, check out this video of Fantasia ending "Even Angels" and beginning and preaching "Bittersweet". Until the next time.....



No comments: